Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Monday, December 14, 2020

In my blog titled Tony Perez's Enchanted Knits I mention a workshop I once led for the high school students of Philippine National School for the Blind under the auspices of the U.S. Embassy in Manila. One of the exercises in that workshop was to have the participants feel crayons and strands of yarn of different colors and determine the differences in feeling. Ninety-nine percent of the participants succeeded in identifying colors by feel alone. The color pink stood out most--pink yarn has a sandy, sticky feeling between one's fingers.

While painting this afternoon I noticed, for the first time, that different colors mixed with linseed oil have different SMELLS. I'm going to continue observing this before describing the unique smell of each color.

No comments:

Post a Comment