Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Saturday, December 12, 2020

The Eyes Have It

An image of Saint Lucy hung in the guest bedroom of our ancestral house in San Fernando, Pampanga. I was always frightened by the pair of eyes on the plate in the hand of the saint. After my aunt explained Saint Lucy's martyrdom, my fear was replaced with fascination. My aunt said that the saint, when invoked, would heal and bless one's eyes. To this day I believe that devotees of Saint Lucy have deep, soulful eyes, and that the blessings of the saint would always be recognized in them.

Dear Saint Lucy, I pledge to make a painting of you someday.




No comments:

Post a Comment