Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Monday, January 11, 2021

Your Messenger message:

"Dear Sir Tony,

"What language do trees speak? Our landlord decided to cut a mango tree that I believe is over 20 years old and a balete tree that was once a bonsai but which we decided to plant on the ground about 6 years ago to help cool us more during the very hot summer months. I want to say goodbye to these trees as they have helped us so much and I really feel bad about losing them. Aside from providing us shade and fruits (Indian Mangoes), these trees have given our place an enchanted charm.
"Do I say my goodbye orally or would they “understand” me if I just “give them my thoughts”.
"I hope you have time for to read this. Thank you and happy New Year.
"Yours sincerely,
"_______________"


My reply:

Hello ____________!

I assume that the trees have already been cut, since you speak of the acts in the past tense.

Simply plant a mango tree seedling in a pot and a banyan tree seedling in a pot and keep them there so that they will not grow into huge trees. Do not plant them in the ground, unless your landlord allows you to do so in locations acceptable to him.

That is how trees "reincarnate", especially if you've grown attached to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment