Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Saturday, January 8, 2022

A delivery arrived--alas, not the canvases.

Can't wait to start my first painting for a prospective exhibit, though completing a substantial number of works will take me time. But, it will be heavenly to be painting for myself again, for a change.

I remember when, several years ago, my former classmates asked me to do an exhibit for a fund-raising project. I went out of my way to do ten paintings. Unfortunately, the liaison they assigned to organize the exhibit was a lazy bum who expected me to do all the work. I had to draft letters to the art gallery, since he was neither a writer nor an impresario, and set appointments for meetings on my own. He would show up at my house close to lunchtime, perhaps expecting me to serve him meals. He would ask to see me in coffee shops and then not order anything, just sitting there and gabbing about his life in general. And then, after all of my works had been varnished, he came to the house and said he would pull them out to deliver to my former classmates--without receipts or documentation of any kind. I asked him for an update on the status of the project but he had nothing; evidently he wanted me to give HIM an update that he could then report to my former classmates. I had him leave and shut the door on him. End of project. Thankfully, I was able to sell off most of the paintings to friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment