Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Friday, August 5, 2022

i Will Never Go Out Of My Way For Strangers Again 1

Many years before I retired, our Cultural Attache passed on to me a request from one of the American officers from a different section. The officer was arranging a special dinner for himself and his wife, and wanted a pianist to be there to provide music for them the whole night. Most of the pianists I knew were from the Cultural Center of the Philippines, and so I was able to recruit a young woman who was willing to play the piano for the officer's and his wife's dinner. 

A week later I called the pianist to ask her how the event went. She said, "Tony, that couple was really weird. They really freaked me out!" I tried to press her for details but she would not give me any.

That was only one of many requests I had to cater to for American officers, with strange outcomes, and I wish, to this very day, that I'd refused all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment