Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Monday, May 27, 2019

Lunch at home with Aubrey. We had deep-fried daing na bangus and young bamboo shoots (labong). I love labong so much. To me they are as exotic as shiitake mushrooms, and even a lot harder to find. I was in heaven after conducting a creative writing workshop for drug abusers in rehab in Quezon  Province, years ago. There was a bamboo forest (yes, forest a la Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, not grove) outside the quarters. Before I left for Metro Manila I was brought there to harvest as much labong as I liked, and I brought home a sackful (shared it with the Embassy driver, though). No, I didn't try flying through the treetops.

No comments:

Post a Comment