Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Friday, December 27, 2019

Heaven on earth, to me, is not being an award-winning writer, a painter in demand, or being present at cultural events.

Heaven on earth, to me, is being happily retired and receiving a pension that allows me to buy whatever I like, send one granddaughter through law school and another granddaughter through Pre-Med, remodel a portion of the house to my fancy every year, and enjoy my evolving collections, among other things.

In effect, I am being paid to do nothing but simply be myself.

I have the choice to do nothing or to do something, but only something I like.

I don't care what other people say about me. Because, to me, it looks like they are in hell on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment