Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Your Messenger message:

"Hi pai. This is a stupid question. But I have met conflicting opinions and comments. And alas. I myself got lost. I only trust you when it comes to this matter. Is it ok to light joss stick incense in the evening and night time. I arrive home from work at around 9 pm and wish to honor my deities. And also to cleanse negative energy i may have brought home. The conflict is that I have vivid dreams when i do so that leaves me restless and tired. Thank you pai. Miss you pai."


My reply:

Hello ________!

It is all right to light joss sticks in the evening and at night because it is all right to light joss sticks at ANY TIME. Devotion is a personal thing; it is unique in many ways and need not conform to the prescriptions of other persons, especially persons whose mentality is bound to the rising and the setting of the sun and to the changing of the seasons. Those are persons whose attitude is not religious but mythological.

Your dreams have nothing to do with the lighting of joss sticks but have EVERYTHING to do with the fact that your psyche is sending you urgent messages that you have not been appropriately acting on. Listen to your dreams. They will keep you safe and unharmed, especially at this time of high risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment