Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Your Messenger message:

"Dear Tito Tony,

"May ask for your help again? I just moved back to ____________, having lived here twice before, and it seems that this time my re-entry has proven to be more challenging technology wise.

"In a span of a week, all three of my laptops have broken down on me.

"The first one was fried by the electrical surges caused by the lightning storms up here. I have bought a surge protector to address that.

"The second one had a severe hard drive error so I had to change the hard drive.

"The third one, a new one, would not turn reboot this morning. This is a brand new laptop po.

"Could it be the place I live in? What should I do, Tito? I feel like my enemies here are making me kulam huhu.

"Thank you again in advance, Tito. And I am sorry to bother you again.

"Love,

"_________________"

My reply:

Hello _____________!

There is nothing supernatural about your current problem. Alas, gadgets are not perfect, though we often think that they are--and that they have the power to make our lives perfect as well.

I suggest that you bring your new laptop to the place where you bought it and explain the difficulties you've been having with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment