Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

If I were a full-time painter I would not accept any gallery's invitation to exhibit paintings. I would tell the gallery owner, "First buy all of my paintings yourself. And then exhibit them." That way he would move heaven and hell to sell my paintings rather than complacently sit in his office chair leisurely posting pretty pictures on his site.

If I were a full-time writer I would not accept any publisher's invitation to submit my manuscripts for publication. I would say, "First pay me the entire worth of my works. And then publish them." That way he would also move heaven and hell to promote, market, and sell the books.

Why is it not that way in the Philippines?

Because there is a painter and a writer in every square inch of this country, and all of them are dying to be exhibited and published.

No comments:

Post a Comment