Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Currently hooked on M.'s cafe's red iced tea. I have a large glass every night. It seems to improve my digestion and, strangely, seems to dissolve the sugar crystals in my body. It is mildly sweet and reminds me of cherry syrup---the kind they use on ice cream sundaes, not the cough-syrup flavor of Coke Cherry. It also brings me back to the nights I spent in Figueroa Hotel in downtown LA, where my DC training program officer Mary White booked me (she kept pronouncing "Figueroa" as "Feeg-WAY-row"). On those nights, before going to bed, I'd sip cherry or watermelon or strawberry Kool-Aid while watching Mexican teenagers gather on the street below my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment