Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Friday, August 27, 2021

Sometimes my work at the Embassy was a comedic rigmarole. Washington would message me directly about a heritage conservation project, and I would gather all the information needed. The Assistant Cultural Affairs Officer would come to me to take the information and claim it as her own. During an ensuing staff meeting, the Public Afairs Officer would ask me for the same information and I would give it. Then the Public Affairs Officer would look at me as though he were putting me in my place and say, "I have to check with the Assistant Cultural Affairs if that is correct."

No comments:

Post a Comment