Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

At least three companies rent corporate units in my nephew's tenement housing, on our compound. One of them is the electric company in Romblon. Two weeks ago they moved one of their linemen to the unit. He suffered electrocution on duty; as a result his right arm had to be amputated from below the elbow, and his left leg is completely bandaged. He hobbles on a walking stick while taking daily walks round the compound. When I first saw him I thought he figured in a bad, vehicular accident or some kind of ambush, and I was hesitant to converse with him and listen to his story.

He still looks dazed, but I hope he is grateful to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment