Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Your Messenger message:

"Sir what part should religion play in one's life?
"I was born into the Catholic faith, and there was even a time that I thought of joining the clergy...but as I grew older I grew disillusioned with the actions and priorities of the Church and eventually stopped going. I still try to live by the tenets and teachings such as loving others and helping others, but I would rather help others in other ways, not just through prayer and engagement through the church. "I'm sorry if I'm rambling sir. I just don't know if I'm doing the right thing, and the death of my ______ recently has put many doubts and fears in my mind. Thank you for your time."


My reply:

The role of religion is for practitioners to live a life of good morals, personal and social, minus the bribery of heaven and the threat of hell, which religious leaders use to control others, spiritually and economically.


No comments:

Post a Comment