Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Thursday, October 28, 2021

A Tale Of Two Surprises

Thursday, October 28, 2021




The Concrete Bench

Raul Deodato Arellano

Oil on panel

16" x 20"

2006


Raul Deodato Arellano and his apprentice and assistant Beth gave me a surprise visit this afternoon. Raul presented me with a most unexpected gift: one of his framed paintings from his 2018 exhibit at Altro Mondo Creative Space, his very first exhibit in the Philippines after he moved to his retirement home in Calaca, Batangas.

Unbeknownst to him, I had a surprise for him too--I am currently painting him, without having asked his permission, as Saint Paul for my next piece for Maryhill School of Theology. I showed him the work in progress.

We had an afternoon snack at the Cubao Leaky Cauldron afterward.


No comments:

Post a Comment