Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Saturday, February 12, 2022

Ever since I graduated from college I had only two objectives: to be financially secure and to have fun the rest of my life. That is why I took graduate studies. That is why I worked 36 years in an embassy that would give me a monthly pension/annuity for a lifetime.

Now, at 70 going on 71, I live a stress-free life and do only what I like. I wonder what my fellow artists did wrong--they go hungry, they go into debt, they beg for help when they get sick, and they cannot afford to stop working. 

I think it's because they lived a carefree life early on and they thought that that would last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment