Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Thursday, April 20, 2023

April 19, 2023

Welcome again to my messy studio area. I've applied the 38th and last glaze on this painting, and it's finally done. 

Portrait of Joel Cruz as The Magician (from the Rider-Waite Tarot Deck)
Oil on cradled canvas
5' x 3'
March 13 - April 19, 2023 

This is the Prologue Painting for my next exhibit. A Prologue Painting typically contains the method of composition, measurements, and brushwork in all of the paintings comprising the bulk of the exhibit, and serves somewhat like the overture to a full musical. In my case the featured elements are my use of midlines, the division of each painting into two sections, and the application of the Greek Golden Rectangle in each section. 

As you can see, I also chose to reveal some of the secrets of this Tarot card. They become evident only when you are physically standing in front of the painting.

I am currently discussing exhibit possibilities with the gallery owner. We'll announce when and where it will be, and all of you are cordially invited. I need to wait for this painting to dry before varnishing, and then have four other paintings framed. I have only one painting framed each month, however.

Yes, it took me a year and a half to complete all of 15 pieces of varied sizes, and that seems to be the pace I'll be following through the end of my life.

I did not take photos of the 14 other pieces composing the body of the exhibit. I will do so only after the exhibit opens.
















No comments:

Post a Comment