Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Sunday, October 27, 2019

After I graduated from university I desired to be a full-time artist but prevented myself from being so. I saw that that journey would be rough and circuitous and possibly on a dead-end road. I worked and slaved, instead, for 36 years in an office that would provide me, upon my retirement, monthly annuity for the rest of my life. Such an annuity would pay all of my bills, feed my family, cover us when we are sick, repair our house, send my grandchildren through undergraduate school and graduate school, and even allow me to go shopping at any time.

The 36 years are over.

Now I am retired.

Now, I am also a full-time artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment