Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Your Messenger message:

"Hi sir tony
"I just dreamt of you. "I was in the mall watching a movie. Then i was in my work place with my collegues but decided to come up the escalator to check and try watch another movie. Apparently i could not use the stamp on my hand for another movie, in this dream stamps was used not tickets. I saw different movie theaters, big small another one has a party hall. Then i noticed now i was in the mall. I went down and saw a famaliar face, a cute girl in high school from my city who is now in manila. I was dropping down the long staircase so fast, it felt like a ride. I was able to stop in an instant when i reached the ground averting passing over the road. Then i decided to take the jeepney to come and see you, the purpose i did knew but i forgot now. There was another passenger who heard me asking about you. He said that they will bring me to your place as he is going there, his bringing the guy with him that needs healing, that guy really has a big stomach. On the way that sick person peed in his pants and it wetted my shoes but i was not wearing them though. I had been bare foot. When we arrived at your place you greeted us and accompanied your other visitors inside the house. You brought me inside the kitchen or dining area. I saw prepared roasted pork and chicken. A lady complained to a child that he mixed 2 different kinds of rice causing it to be undesirable. Then i woke up. Saw that its your sister's bday on fb. Happy birthday to her"


My reply:

Hello ______!

On the whole this dream functions as a wish-fulfillment dream because you are in the Middle East and cannot come and see me as often as you want to.

In dreams, watching movies is a form of detachment. While you are engaged in a movie, you are merely passively watching it but are not in it as an actor or a participant. This has been your attitude since you began living and working in a foreign country.

Your high school friend and I represent the same thing to you: home and a pleasant life at home. Your co-passengers are personifications of yourself. Part of you has a big stomach (making good money, being able to feed yourself) but you perceive this as an "illness" for which you need to be healed. Peeing in one's pants is an indication of anxiety and of a regression to early childhood.

I bring you to the kitchen and dining area and show you the real food that does not cause one's stomach to "get big". Yet, someone (also a part of you) mixed two kinds of rice, making the rice "undesirable". It is possible that, while you remain my student, the "two kinds of rice" are conflicting values that continue to bother you. What do you think they are? Two religions? Two modes of spirituality? Science and magic? Only you can tell and work it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment