Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Saturday, June 17, 2023

Staggered dinnertimes.

Night chores.

Rayven gave Yukiko Taka a soap bath and a shampoo.

My favorite time of the day has come again: an evening shower, and then snuggling in bed with Agatha Christie. Rereading Dumb Witness tonight because I forgot whodunnit. If I suddenly remember, though, I'll place the book back on the shelf and resume my viewing of Till the End of the Moon.

Finished reading The Hound of Death last night--a dozen short stories by Agatha Christie, most of them supernatural and the rest deeply psychological. I never read this anthology before and I'm glad my sister Sylvia gave it to me. The closest Christie ever got to the occult in her novels were in The Pale Horse, featuring amateur detective Mark Easterbrook, who investigates murders occurring in a Tudor-style inn run by alleged witches, and in Sad Cypress, in which there are several scenes with a mysterious gypsy woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment