Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Dead Kitten

Cats have been figuring in my pre-Easter week. First MauMau, and then this.

I walked over to the neighborhood grocery tonight and came upon this dead kitten lying on the pavement. It looked as though a vehicle had hit it, and that a kind person lifted it from the street and laid it out on the side.

Dead Kitten

Dead baby
Mouth still open, having released its final mewl
Was it, "Mother, save me!" Or "Mother, here is my end!
No more sweet milk that gave me life
Days prancing in the dazzling sunshine
Nights in the embrace of your warm body
Ah but I dreamed of living in a house as well
Cosseted by children, draped on a writer's lap
While he wrote of marvels unimaginable to other men!"

Baby cat
Another kind of man came to you tonight
Before I could tell you there are men who love
And men who do not love, and those men kill






No comments:

Post a Comment