Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

The dragon tree is filled with nests built by birds of different varieties. The birds sing unique melodies. They are all escapees from cages that my neighbors and I owned long ago. When I am on the side porches I look up at the tree and try to search for those birds, wishing I could see which ones were my former pets. They can see me but I cannot see them. One thing is for sure, that they will never go back to their cages again because they have had a taste of blissful freedom, even if that freedom means that they have to scrounge for their food from sunrise to sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment