Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Watched the grand finals of Asia's Got Talent. To me, the most mesmerizing acts were by Eric Chien, Junior Good Vibes, and Power Duo. I guess I also liked Shadow Ace, whose act was a lot of fun.

The acts I liked least were Maniac Family (their steps seemed to be rehashed from their previous two performances and their jerky, tribal moves were so tiresome that I was actually wishing that King Kong would finally come down from the mountain and pluck their lead dancer away); Yaashwin Sarawanan, whose series of challenges could have been planted and pre-rehearsed and who was actually verging on being pompous and condescending; and Yang Shih Hao, whose relationship with his Cyr wheel was beginning to come across as perverse.

Nama and Siti Saniyah were in my middle range of choices. Nama's performance was good but seemed too much like an Academy Awards intermission act for the benefit of Democrats, Siti Saniyah's, quite night-clubby. My comments are more on how they were dressed. The Nama singers looked like Jeannie Mai gave them a Zalora makeover on How Do I Look Asia?. And I really still cannot get over Siti Saniyah's Zoltar costume. Or is it Ming the Magnificent from Flash Gordon?

No comments:

Post a Comment