Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Your Messenger message:

"Dear Sir,
"It has been a year since I messaged you. I have been working for a project for almost five years now and I am only the one left of the original team. "After five years of devoting my life for the project, I feel drained and depressed. It doesn’t help that the one I started the work with left. "Now I am out of solutions. A part of me says, 'leave' but a part wants me to stay because of the steady income that my family really needs right now. I also take account that my new fellow workers seem excited and positive. But then again, it has been five years for me. "The problem is that emotionally and physically, I feel I can’t go on. "But again, I am uncertain of the future and feel anxious to what may happen if I leave. "Is it wise for me now to leave? I remember that two years ago, you advise me not to. "Thank you very much for your time. "Thanks to FB, I not only admire your written works now but also your paintings. "God bless."


My reply:

Hello ______________!

If you notice, I myself leave a particular field of interest once I feel that I'm no longer learning anything from it. At different times in my life I worked as a TV writer, an illustrator, an adjunct lecturer, a magazine columnist, a newspaper columnist, a portrait artist, a movie writer, a playwright, a painter, a lyricist, a photographer, a fiber artist, and heaven knows what else. I did keep one, full-time job, and that was to have, like you, a steady income for my family.

Here then, is the lesson: keep the job that pays your bills and that will provide you a hefty pension upon retirement. AT THE SAME TIME, set aside some time to engage in something totally different and totally enjoyable. It is possible to live more than one life simultaneously.

No comments:

Post a Comment