Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Friday, June 5, 2020

Back from jalan-jalan at the center. Had money changed, sent some money to my younger son Chito, bought a packet of sweet crab sticks, and bought a box of ube hopia. The Chinese grocery is still being cleaned and will finally reopen Monday. So said the owner, who recognized me as a regular client.

A hot afternoon. Three people wearing masks passed me by and greeted me, but I couldn't recognize them! The third was a charming young woman who effusively greeted me, "Tony!" (pronouncing it as "Toe-Knee" and not "Sir Tony", "Kuya Tony", "Mang Tony", or "Ka Tony") and I wondered where I'd met her. I did feel like inviting her over to share a cup of barley tea.

Evidently people can recognize me even if I'm wearing a mask. The cap? The Spandex shorts? The hair? The beard?

No comments:

Post a Comment