Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Your Messenger message:

"Good Day Tony. Yesterday morning, my, 2 turtles passed away. I took care of them for 6 years already. I feel so terrible up to now. I keep thinking if I neglected them? Their names were ____ and ____. Is it a bad omen that they died? Thank you. God bless you and your family. 🍀

"They were in the terrace before but I moved them to the southeast in front of the grotto because it is cooler there in the garden area"


My reply:

Hello _________!

We always outlive our pets, which is quite heartbreaking especially when we have become attached to them, although turtles, like some birds, are known to live for up to a hundred years. When they do die, we need not be overly upset because it is part of the cycle of Nature, as we, too, die, whether naturally or accidentally.

Domestic pets need to be kept in safe, clean areas all the time--yes, quarantined! Turtles especially will nibble on moss, grass, and drink unsafe water when let loose in gardens, where germs abound, not to mention pesticide, poisonous fertilizer, and harmful other creatures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment