Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Your Messenger message:

"Goodmorning Sir Tony! 🙂

"I badly needed some advice right now and no one could help me lighten up from this burden of mine.
"I was a 2nd year college student taking up computer studies and because of the pandemic we have right now the classess have been split into 2 learning method which are offline and online learning . One of my teacher said that within this day we should decide which of the two learning method we would prefer and as for me who came from a poor family who suffers because of this pandemic can't decide. Both learning method have a dissadvantage for me because if I pick offline or alternative learning I would find it hard to get my modules because my my school is far from home. While in offline I should always have a stable internet connection and datas because the classess will be a zoom type one. My father is sick and both method will add some expenses which may give him a problem.
"If this case, which would you think is better to choose in this kind of situation of mine. I'm really bad at decision making so please.... can I have some advice from you Mr. Perez. Thank you in advance sir!"


My reply:

Hello ____________!

Before the pandemic, were you not traveling to and from school anyway?

Since it is difficult for you to make a decision about problems like this, my advice is for you to proceed with what you have already been doing. After all, there is nothing you can do bout poor Internet connection in your location.

Alternatively, consult a representative of the Department of Education in your vicinity, since they seem quite responsive to such matters. 

For future problems, please turn to an older counselor of your own gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment