Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Saturday, September 5, 2020

Your Messenger message:

"Sir tony I was talking to my tita about this dream I had kahapon, she told me to share it with you. Ok lang po ba?

"I slept pretty late na po noon. I dreamt that I had to enroll my younger brother to a magic school. I don't know what school exactly, but I had the feeling it was similar to Roke (in the Earthsea series) or Hogwarts. Note that I have no younger brother, but I do have a younger half-brother who I never met. Now I was given the task of finding a witch who can help me get my brother in the magic school, but the challenge was that I had to find her even with the pandemic going on. I also had to face and escape from phantoms or illusions in my journey to find her. I don't know what the witch looks like, I had a mental image but it doesn't seem right to me. My dream ends without any clear conclusion

"Malalim po ung panaginip ko, pag gising ko po akala ko totoo pa rin

"Then nagkaheadache po ako after e. Not too severe naman po parang namaling higa lang?"


My reply:

Hello _________!

Both you and your younger brother in your dream are one and the same person. They represent opposing values within you--the dream ego (you) who takes responsibility over family and extends himself for the sake of family, and a younger brother (a part of you) who desires to go against convention and enroll in a school of magic. Your search for the witch arouses great anxiety within you, for it entails venturing into the unknown and possibly encountering unrecognizable dangers.

The segment of the dream in which you search for the witch directly bridges to your real-life situation, which is being quarantined and wanting to go out as you were able to in the past; you even state this in your dream narrative. 

The dream has no clear conclusion because you are still currently torn between two pursuits and you cannot make up your mind.

My advice to you for now is to give priority to your formal studies. Focus on it for now and leisurely read up on other interests, but only in your spare time. After you've graduated and stabilized yourself with a good job you can devote as much time as you want to your other interests. After all, they will never go away.

In the meantime know that I am always here for you should you have any questions or problems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment