Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Your Messenger message:

"Good evening, Mr. Tony. My college friend introduced me to you through your books. She saw me reading Jaime Licauco so she suggested your books. I still have some in my library: Beings, The Calling, Stories of the Moon, and the Departed.

"I am now a mom and I was thinking of contacting you for some time now. Until I saw your facebook page. It is about my mom who passed away in 2019 after being sick for several years already. Days before she died my father told me that my mom wanted to see me and my kids. I wasn’t able to come to my parents’ house because I was busy processing documents I needed for me to bring to US for work that time. I said I will go on Friday that week but I wasn’t able to come. Sunday she died of heart attack. "For a long time I was filled with so much grief and regret. Two days ago I dreamed she said 'Alam mo, hindi ako makakilos.' I didn’t see her but heard her. "I always wanted to know if she is at peace already and if she has moved on to the light. I hope you could help me."


My reply:

Hello _____!

When we die, we move from temporal time to eternal time, where past, present, and future are simultaneous and coexistent. It's not as if we have to fall in line at City Hall and wait to be processed for reincarnation--in eternal time, things happen in split seconds as compared to "real" time for the living, in which we are accustomed to measure everything by hours, days, weeks, and years. Yes, in eternal time, we are free from everything, even from time.

What I do see now is that you are riddled with guilt and regret--guilt over not having gone to visit your mother and regret at not having done for her a lot of things you should have done.

Worry not. Our ancestors are far more understanding than we think they are, and they are not bound by earthly conditions. Simply keep good memories of your mother, and allow her to be alive in your heart. 

At this point it is YOU who should be at peace--not with your mother but with yourself. Go for it without guilt and without regret. Live, for you have still your own life to fulfill..

In your dream, your psyche was telling you, "ikaw ang hindi makakilos."

No comments:

Post a Comment