Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Sunday, July 4, 2021

Your Messenger message:

"Sir Tony these past few years have been so filled with death and sorrow, and now that I have a child I find myself fearing and dreading all of our inevitable passings. I know I am not special, I know others must have felt this way as well but is this something that will eventually go away sir? I already lost one parent and try to keep positive but this sadness and dread weigh heavily on my heart."


My reply:

"Hello ______!

In childhood we are introduced to mortality. In adolescence we believe that we will never die. In adulthood we take care of our health and stay as far away from death as possible. And then, toward middle age, the reality of mortality hits us once again. In middle age the children in us are reintroduced to it, and we anguish because, by that time, we have already established our homes and our lifestyles and raised our families and desire to see not only our children but also our great-grandchildren.

Reflect without fear and without dread. I believe in reincarnation--I have seen too much evidence of it. We come back to the same karmic groups primarily because of love, and only secondarily because of karma.

At this point in your life the key questions for yourself are:

--Are you happy and content? Is your family happy and content?

--Do you consider yourself as a success, whether financially or otherwise? If not, what is the big deal, for, after all, there are innumerable states of existence and many of them do not hinge on success?

--What else do you need to do before your time comes?

--Does it matter at all to you whether you are remembered or forgotten? (It shouldn't.)

--There is reincarnation, but it moves forward and never backward. Therefore, none of us can go back in time. Know that memory and reminiscence can be curses, but how can they be gifts?

No comments:

Post a Comment