Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Saturday, March 9, 2024

Art and Chaos

March 2024 Works in Progress

Neil is still in the process of painting the studio foyer, soon to be the relocated kitchen foyer, in shades of burnt orange, aquamarine, and mint green, while I am still applying layers on my next painting for Maryhill School of Theology, _The Glorious Mysteries: Descent of the Holy Spirit_.

This is my second, post-pandemic painting for MST, but I continued to favor availavl4e models rather than hire new ones. Aubrey sat for Mary; the couple on top are M. and his wife, Rose; the couple below them are Karen Cusi-Vergamora and stage actor Ian Lomongo, former students whom I took reference photos of during the 14th Bilbo Baggins afternoon last Saturday; the couple below are Rose's younger brother, David, and younger sister Reza. Neil sat for the two men with outstretched arms at the bottom.,

I am working from top to bottom. As you can see., the figures at the bottom are still mere construction lines, which I draw not with a pencil but with a brush and red ochre dilute.

Oh, but I love the smell of fresh paint--both house paint and the oil paint on my palette!





No comments:

Post a Comment