Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Sunday, May 12, 2024

Your Messenger message:

"Good morning, sir Tony. This is the second time i would tell you about my dream of my mother. The first one was from an old fb account. My mother died in 2005.

"I had a dream just a few minutes ago before. I remember walking in downtown Baguio on an early evening. I think i was heading home, based on the direction i was walking to. It was strange that the city looked almost empty at an early hour. Parang Holy Week in the 70s. It's like walking along Abanao st. at 3am, minus the lights from the establishments and no taxis. I can't recall if managed to ride the jeepney, but i remember standing in front of a sari-sari store. The seller seems to ignore me. Tending to other customers even though i was right in front of her. When she finally did notice me, she blurted out something with 'singkit singkit' and i walked away. While walking, i noticed that i was holding a baseball cap with 8 or 10 sticks of cigarette. I must have bought them for my son, which i often do. "The next scene that i remember is that i arrived home. But it was not our house in Baguio. It was my inlaws' house, where i have been living since 2018. Only me and my second son stays here. Back to the dream. I went to the upstair room and saw strangers who seem to occupy it. Must be boarders, i thought. Although we don't rent it out. Well, my mother-in-law did when me and my family were still in Baguio. In my dream, there were three attractive girls and two boys in their late 20s. At first, they didn't seem to notice me like i was a ghost. I sat on one of the bunk beds and just watched them talking. I glanced at the cigarette sticks that i was carrying with the baseball cap. I looked around the room and they were gone. I saw my guitar and thought of playing a tune when one of the girls entered, looking fresh from a shower. She sat by my side and we had sex. I left the room after that and went to the kitchen to have a cold drink. The light was off but it was illuminated by the fridge. Someone left it open. Upon checking, i noticed that someone has been making ice candy and just abandoned it. Must be my mother-in-law, i thought. As i was craving for a cold drink, i decided to take one ice candy but the plastic broke. In my attempt to clean the mess, more plastic broke and i watched as the entire floor got flooded by yellow liquid. It was a ripe mango flavored ice candy. While attemptin to clean the mess, my eldest son who i bought the cigarettes for entered the kitchen and helped me. I was kneeling on the floor when someone suddenly appeared near the doorway. It was my dead mother. But thinner. 'Imposible!' I said. Me and my son were saying 'mama, mama!' Although we never called her that. I just call her nanay and my son just call her lola. I looked at her face and thought yes, she is dead. She held my wrist and said she had to go, while looking out the window. I asked her where she was going. 'Hindi ko alam. Kahit saan' was her reply. We left the kitchen and walked towards the hallway. I said to her 'gabayan mo kami lagi' or bantayan, something like that. And as i was saying that, we passed by my two granddaughters in the hallway. We entered the nearest room, which used to be my eldest son's room with his family. It has no bed. Me and my mother sat on the floor and i asked her again where would she go and how. Then i think i said 'alam ko na! Lilipad!' And i laughed and started thumping the floor with my hands, urging her to do the same. Then i woke up. It took no more than five minutes for me to decide to share this dream with you. "I don't know what it means. Or if it has a meaning at all. "I'm so sorry for the lengthy story, sir. Thank you for having someone to share this with. May you always find yourself in the best situation, everyday."


My reply:

Hello ____!

It seems that your dream occurred on or around Mother's Day, hence the leitmotif of your dream. The  female vendor and your mother-in-law are your mother herself in disguise. They are telling you that your mother's absence continues to instill in you a feeling of abandonment, rejection, and being unloved.  The solution is to turn not toward the other females in your life, but to the males, such as your son, who helps you clean up the mess and enables you to receive the masculine courage to face the truth--your mother as a dead person, which you have subconsciously been denying.

Do not worry about the ending of the dream. It is not about your mother, it is about yourself,. While, in the dream, your mother does not know where she is going, she is actually you, disguised as your mother  At this point in your life, where are you going? Where do you want to go?

You yourself provide the answer in your dream: Fly. Be free.

Freedom never means the loss of love, but the ability to love better and more surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment