Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Sunday, March 31, 2019

It's that time of year when the dragon tree's ripe berries fall to the ground. The driveway in front of the house is almost completely covered with them. I placed some in a flower pot, hoping they'd take root and grow, but I know that they never do when they are deliberately planted by human hands. They like shooting up in the most unlikely places, such as in the crevices of walls and on rooftops.

I would very much like two potted dragon trees on our roof deck. I've tried using cuttings from the mother tree and replanting uprooted sprigs, to no avail. I hope that, somehow, I will eventually succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment