Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Friday, March 22, 2019

When I was still in college and not yet a parent, one of my dreams was to set up a small, eccentric restaurant in the corner of our apartment and call it Table For Two. It would accommodate only two diners for a scheduled two hours per meal, or a total of 12 diners per day. At a cost of 1,000 PHP per diner that would earn me 12,000 PHP a day. It would have, of course, the works: fine cuisine, two waiters in attendance, a live guitarist or violinist, and a two-hour meal undisturbed by the outside world.

Years later our family set up Miranda's Cove, a neighborhood cafeteria. Even more years later, M. set up his cafe.

I've given up my vision of Table For Two in favor of writing, painting, and knitting, but it was such a pleasure to have dreamed of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment