Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Your Messenger message:

"Hi Sir.
"Good evening pò. "Sorry hò sa distorbo - - - but I am really bothered by what my sister told me about my house when she visited with my Mom this afternoon. "Sir - she asked if we already had our house 'blessed'. I lied and said yes even if we did not. I then asked her why. She said she felt 'eerie' daw (does that mean she felt a presence in our home??)... I am really bothered, Sir. That's why I am humbly asking for your help. Should I have it blessed it right away? It's a new house - we built it from scratch and transferred ___.of 20__. May mga dapat pang tapusin, Sir, like the staircase plus the ceiling in the outer part of the house and we are planning to finish it this year sana. Hope you can give me your comment/advice on this, Sir. I will appreciate it very much. "Sincerely, "_____________" "P.S. "Sending you some pictures of my home pò taken earlier tonight."


My reply:

Hello ______________!

There is nothing wrong with your house. It is clean in every sense of the word. However, visitors will tend to feel uncomfortable and describe it as eerie because of the following:

1) You have too much varnished wood and too many earth colors. Because of this, the rooms are not uplifting. 2) Your antiques include items that no one would want to come near or touch. Some of them even look like funerary items.
3) You group all your antiques by type and put them on display together, making your house look like an antique shop (everything looks like they are for sale) or a domestic museum (all you need to add are price tags and captions).
4) Do not line up all your tall furniture along the walls. It makes your house look like a Freemasons' lodge or a school faculty room. Explore creative ways to make them break up the space.
5) All of your lighting is ceiling lighting. Use accent lighting such as lampshades, floor lamps, and desk lamps.

I suggest that you consult an interior designer and be open to her comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment