Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Thursday, March 21, 2019

Your Messenger message:

"I need your help please sir"

My reply:


"I advise you not to ask for help from people you do not know personally. It is unethical. Go to institutions in your own country that are able to extend assistance to you. They exist in your country, as they do in mine. It is the most intelligent and logical step to take.

"What I still cannot figure out is why it is the Africans who do this all the time, and they have been doing this for at least 20 years now. You are the fourth African in my Friends List who's sent me such messages, and I've been receiving such calls for 'help' from them not only on facebook but via e-mail. So have many of my own friends.

"Between extending help to you, whom I've never met in my life, and extending help to my needy neighbor, I would rather extend help to my needy neighbor."





No comments:

Post a Comment