Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

 A Cursed Ring?

More than a decade ago I purchased a ring from an antique dealer whose shop was a walking distance from my workplace. After wearing the ring for some time I suffered from a hemorrhagic stroke and was hospitalized two weeks. At the time I did not make any connection between the ring and my hospitalization.

A month or two later a co-worker, Agnes, admired the ring on my finger and persuaded me to sell it to her. After wearing the ring she too suffered a stroke and was hospitalized. I asked Agnes to give the ring back to me, and I have kept it in storage ever since.

Agnes did some research on the ring. It is the ring of the Order of the Eastern Star. When I Google-searched it, I came up with a lot of information (perhaps too much information), most of it quite mysterious, and so I am not posting quotes here. You can do a Google-search yourself.

Later, Agnes and I consulted other doctors. After thorough check-ups it came out that we suffered not strokes but transient ischemic attacks. We tapered off our maintenance medication, and now we are both free of them.

This ring is for sale. Send me a Messenger message if you are interested. It should be safe in the hands of a Freemason. My only connection to Freemasonry is that my grandfather, Isabelo da Silva, was a Master Mason.




No comments:

Post a Comment