Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Thursday, October 20, 2022

Before midnight. As of now I have 1,283 Friends, 17 short of 1,300. Been accepting only former students, former classmates, former co-workers, Spirit Questors, literature friends, theater friends, art friends. movie and TV friends, relatives, neighbors, and once in a while an odd acquaintance. 

Tonight someone revealed his real identity to me: an inmate in _____________ Prison, where I held a creative writing workshop before I retired, perhaps in 2014, eight years ago. I have a group picture of everyone in that workshop. He was a very young man then, and now he has aged. He remains incarcerated. I asked him about some others in the group picture, and he said, they'd been released.

Must converse with him some more when he has the time, because cell phones are not allowed in prison. Am saddened that he spent the best years of his youth where he is, and I wonder how many more years he will need serving time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment