Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Your Messenger message:

"Hi Sir Tony, good morning. I'm sorry to bother you, but I have been attached to this bell(Tongkaling bell) for a long time, especially now that it has become stronger to the point that even when I'm about to sleep, the bell is on my mind, even though I try to ignore it. By the way, I come from a lineage of babaylans, but now in my generation, there are no more babaylans. I'm wondering what the purpose of this bell is. Should I make one like this? I hope you can give me some advice because I'm really confused. Thank you very much. Namaste."

My reply:

Tongkaling bells double up as musical instruments and as amulets. I myself have a T/boli brass belt with three layers of bells in a chevron pattern, and I wore it in public on one, special occasion.

In magic, bells tied to trees herald the arrival of spirits. They are even used to summon spirits and elementals or to drive them away.

It wouldn't hurt to have tongkaling and ear it as jewelry. I suggest, however, that you wait for it to come to you rather than go out and search for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment