Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Friday, October 14, 2022

Your Messenger message:

"Back in the mid 90s I was hit by a terrible crisis.. I was forced to close my business down.. One afternoon in my room I prayed fervently for a way out of my situation.. Suddenly a really loud voice spoke to me..Do loud it was like thunder.. And I felt something shot down my whole body from top to bottom.. Gulat talaga Ako.. The voice though extremely loud and powerful said gently but forcefully... 'DO NOT FEAR' Nothing else followed..

"Years later I found out it is called locution.."

My reply:

Hello ______!

We all have survival instincts that manifest in different ways. In cases such as yours, i.e. a voice imparting a message, it is usually the voice of your psyche a.k.a. Higher Self a.k.a. Superconscious. Call it by other names if you will--the Freudian Superego, Conscience, Jiminy Cricket, et cetera. Fanatics and religious extremists will usually label it as the voice of God (which is why theologians detest psychologists because of their explanations of such phenomena). 

The problem with convincing oneself that one hears the voice of "God" is that it leads one to think that he is very special, and he eventually becomes schizoid and lives an unhappy life of scrupulousness and of being judgmental.

No comments:

Post a Comment