Continued from Tony Perez's Electronic Diary (October 19, 2018 - March 12, 2019) http://tonyperezphilippinescyberspacebook41.blogspot.com/

Photo by JR Dalisay / April 21, 2017

Sunday, October 9, 2022

Your Messenger message:

"Hi, Tony. I woke up at around 3AM earlier today (as I sometimes do), went to the bathroom and went back to sleep. I recall having a dream where I am travelling, I don’t remember where but I am in the mode of being in transit and for the most part walking and navigating unfamiliar and dirty paths, but what I remember distinctly is the feeling I had. Instead of being scared or worried (as I often do in similar travel-related dreams I’ve had, where I often would feel that I left something behind or I need to go back for something), I felt confident and looking back (immediately after I woke up) I realized I was hearing your voice saying something and I'm talking back to you in my mind as well, sort of telling you that I got this, etc. But I never saw your face and it never occurred to me consciously during the dream itself that it was you I was talking to.

"At this part, someone else enters the dream, a former co-worker of mine who was the HR manager in my most recent/last employ. (I left early this year and enjoy work much better as a consultant now.) I hated her because she is a suck up to the owners and she has caused me a lot of grief. She must be part of the trip or going to the same destination because I invite her to hitch in my car, and she has a male companion I do not know. We were walking to my car and we were about to leave when I was surprised that she rode the driver’s seat and proceeded to run the car, and I was running alongside it to catch up, but it was in reverse. I kept asking her what was she doing but she was just laughing and smiling, acting stupidly. There are a number of near misses of hitting objects or buildings, and then the car eventually does come to a halt hitting a building but there was no gory crash or damage. The car just sort of bumped the building and stopped. So I started berating my former co-worker, I’m trying to express to her that she has 'walang utang na loob' because I’m already giving her a ride and yet she had to do that… so she starts crying… I’m having difficulty communicate, the words do not come out clearly and I felt my chest tightening so I told myself to relax and take a deep breath… that’s when I woke up (at 7:45 this morning). "Just wanted to share with you, I am going on an actual trip this week—my first overseas vacation since the start of the pandemic…"


My reply:

Hello _____!

First of all, let me assure you that your dream has nothing to do with the trip you are actually going on, other than serve as a trigger for an anxiety dream.

Whenever we dream of being on a trip, usually a car trip, it means that we are in a state of transition that we are not yet completely, psychologically prepared for. In this dream the HR manager is the dark side of your Female Self. She has apparently been taking over you during the past few days, possibly manifesting as any or all of the following: being wishy-washy or undecided, being reckless, calling unnecessary attention to oneself, grabbing credit, being ungrateful, or the like.

Not to worry--going on a trip after a long hiatus naturally arouses anxiety and awakens dormant personality quirks within oneself. I suggest that you make a thorough checklist of everything you need to do and have. Let your head take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment